Monday, September 14, 2009

Favourite genre of photography

My favorite genre of photography would have to be landscape.

This year in at PrairieView I hope to learn how to take photos in all genres just so i'm not stuck with one way of taking pictures. And to hopefully learn every proper procedure in the dark room. I don't need to be the one who was known for blowing up he dark room.

The best photography experience I had would have to be when I was 16 taking photography in high school. I was in front of Portage Place taking pictures when I came across a man who seemed homeless (well... who smelled homeless) who was yelling racist slander against everybody who passed by including me. He sat down to have a smoke and as he was smoking I asked if I could take his picture and he grunted "YES!" he had the bluest eyes I had ever seen. So I snapped a pic as fast as I could and caught him taking a drag in a cloud of smoke with his eye's piercing right at me. It was great! From then on I realized that no subject would ever be to difficult for me to take an image of.

1 comment:

  1. i love the story of the homeless man and your photographic experience with him!
    who knows what other weird and wonderful photographic experiences you are going to find yourself in over this next year!
    cant wait for more photos and stories!

    ReplyDelete